OSD BK-S82 MK2 - Reference Series On-Wall LCR Cinema Speaker (Each)
Dual 8” Fibre Cone Woofer Triple Tweeter Array Theatre On-wall Speaker, Custom Crossovers S82 MK2
Part of OSD Black’s premium S Series of ultra-high-performance home theatre speakers, the S82-MK2 improves on an already superb design with every component carefully designed to produce a level of sound quality found on shockingly expensive tower speakers. From the triple silk dome tweeter array to the gold-plated speaker terminals, the S82-MK2 is ideal for audiophiles who expect rich, high-quality surround sound but don’t have a bundle to spend.
Triple Silk Dome Tweeters Array
Our S82-MK2 features a unique triple silk dome tweeter array instead of the typical one. The triple tweeter array allows for higher SPL levels and less restricted sound. When OSD Black audio engineers were designing this home theatre, on-wall speaker, the goal was to meet or even exceed the Dolby and THX SPL reference level of 105dB and achieve clean, non-distorted sound at a maximum peak of 116dB. The S-82 MK2’s max SPL is rated at 116dB. The triple tweeter array sits on a rotatable faceplate, allowing the tweeters to be oriented vertically or horizontally. This ensures perfect high-frequency timbre matching and allows listeners to choose which orientation performs best with their room’s acoustical characteristics.
Long Wood Fibre Cone Woofer with Low-carbon Steel Magnet
For mid and low-frequency sound, the S82-MK2 includes an 8” wood fibre cone woofer. We chose this cone material because long wood fibre material is coarser which reduces cone resonance. This was essential due to the high SPL rating of this speaker, and higher SPLs can lead to unwanted distortion. A rigid cone woofer ensures pistonic air displacement and lower distortion. We also improved the magnet structure in this next-gen on-wall speaker which now uses a larger low-carbon steel magnet and a triangular silent spider that attaches to the pure copper edge-wound voice coil.
Advanced Custom Crossover Design
Combining OSD Audio’s and triple tweeter technology, the S82-MK2 includes an advanced crossover network to precisely route high, mid, and low frequencies. The revised crossovers use parallel and series wiring for precise frequency response, higher-quality air-core choke resistors, and polypropylene capacitors. This custom crossover network works in tandem with the triple tweeter array to ensure a perfect sonic highway of separated high, mid, and low frequencies.
All speakers in the Black S series have a sonically neutral cabinet designed for a stable, resonance-free platform for the custom drivers. The cabinet “vanishes” when the music or movie begins so all you hear is a precise soundstage, deep and well-controlled bass, natural mids and high frequencies, and an incredibly realistic aural experience.
- Proprietary on-wall home theatre speaker that serves up immersive surround sound and high-end home theatre sound
- Meets or exceeds Dolby and THX reference SPL levels
- Achieves clean, non-distorted sound with a maximum peak of 116dB
- Custom-designed crossovers include German capacitors and Japanese silver solder for precise frequency routing
- Triple silk dome tweeter array can be oriented vertically or horizontally for perfect high-frequency timbre matching
- 8” long fibre inter-weave cone woofer provides powerful bass with low distortion even at high SPLs
- Front inverted wood cabinet with high transparency grille
- Gold-plated speaker terminals offer pristine-level signal transfer
- Shallow 6.2” deep enclosure can be wall-mounted next to, beneath, or behind a screen
- Slim, compact design blends easily into spaces
**CONTACT US FOR TRADE PRICING**