Designed for both residential and commercial applications, the AP850 outdoor patio speaker is a customer and installer favourite due to its high-quality design on the inside and its tough exterior outside. Supplying high-end sound quality sound without the high-end price tag, this outdoor speaker can be mounted under patio eaves in homes or can be used in commercial applications such as ball parks, hotels, theme parks and other outdoor spaces where PA and clear background sound is required. What makes the AP850 different from pricey conventional 2-way outdoor is the componentry. We don’t skimp on what we know is important, such as the 8” polypropylene woofer that has the power and flexibility to cover all the low and mid-range frequencies.
The AP850 also steps it up in the high end with a 1” ferrofluid-cooled tweeter that produces tight and highly distinguishable high notes and vocals. This durable outdoor patio speaker is rated at 180W with plenty of power to spare to crank up the tunes without distortion at high volumes. Designed for outdoor conditions with weather-resistant components, the sturdy ABS polymer enclosure and rust-resistant grille is ideal for patios, garden building and overhangs covering areas up to 800 square feet. The AP850 speakers come with matching mounting brackets that allow for 180-degree swivel and 60 degree tilt, mounted either horizontally or vertically. For the best protection, we recommend installing these speakers in a covered area such as beneath eaves and overhangs.
- Rugged outdoor patio speaker pair for commercial and residential applications
- All-weather enclosure resists harsh weather conditions
- Engineered to produce the highest quality sound in open spaces
- Unique multi-tilt mounting brackets that allow for 180-degree swivel and 60-degree tilt
- Mounting bracket is designed to mount either vertically or horizontally
- Includes a powerful 8” polypropylene woofer that cranks out full and enveloping bass
- Crispy clear high notes with 1” silk dome tweeter
- Rigid, acoustically inert enclosure, silicone-sealed internal cabinetry and driver
- Rust-resistant aluminium grille
- Includes mounting hardware
- Available in black or white
Better Cone Materials Equal Better Sound
In addition to a weather-resistant enclosure, the AP850 includes an 8” polypropylene woofer. Polypropylene is a popular speaker material due to the added stiffness and durability PP offers over paper cones. Polypropylene cone woofers produce rich and detailed low- and mid-range and very balanced sound overall. For high end, we include a 1” ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeter. This specialty tweeter material is well suited for outdoor applications because it is made from microscopic iron particles suspended in a non-conducting viscous oil which helps dissipate heat and promotes longevity.