8 Zone 16-Channel 80W/ Channel Class D Digital Power Amplifier for Home Systems - MX1680
Our MX1680 is a powerful 8-zone 16-channel digital amplifier for commercial and residential audio systems that require reliable power in multiple zones. A slim 2U, rack-mountable and cool-running multi-room amplifier, the MX1680 includes 16 channels rated at 80 watts each at 4 ohms/50 watts at 8-ohms and can be configured as the main amplifier for an audio distribution system such as for background music, paging, and multi-zone audio or as an amplifier for 5.1 or 7.2 home theatre surround sound systems.
Bridgeable with Independent Zone Control
When used with an audio distribution preamp or matrix processor, each zone can independently drive one of several different sources by using each zone’s line audio inputs, and if a particular area needs higher power, then two zones can be bridged for 160 watts per channel x 2 at 8 ohms.
Designed for Installation Flexibility
The MX1680 accommodates a wide range of audio applications with global and independent zone triggering, audio sense circuitry with adjustable gain/vol per channel, two Bus Inputs/Outputs and independent left and right line inputs per zone. With high performance and ultra-low distortion output, the MX1680 Multi-Zone Amplifier provides unmatched sound quality for any audio system.
Pair with the NERO SRT Streaming Modules and Player App
The NERO SRT Streaming Source Module is an ideal match for our MX series Multi-Channel Amplifiers. The streaming module controlled by the OSD Audio Streaming Player App is available for either your Android or Apple smartphone or tablet for access to Spotify, Tidal, Napster, Intune, iHeart Radio, and other options. You can start with a single NERO SRT connected to the Bus 1 input or two modules connected to the Bus2 and configured between the available zones. You can even add the NERO SRT4 for each available zone, from one to eight for the MX1680, one to four for the MX880 or one to six for the MX1280. All or any combination can be grouped through the App for maximum flexibility.
Class D Efficiency
Our MX1680 uses highly efficient Class D digital circuitry. Class D amplifiers use output transistors that are fully turned on or off during operation, which keeps distortion low and efficiency is high (93%). Class D amps combine the best qualities of both class A and B technologies and are ideal for distributed audio and home theater setups because these amps run cooler than traditional amps and can easily run multiple pairs of speakers at a 4-ohm or 8-ohm load.
• High power eight-zone/16-channel amplifier that supplies audiophile-level sound to distributed audio systems
• Provides 80 Watts per channel (1KHz into 4 Ohms), 50W Watts per channel (1KHz into 8 Ohms)
• Uses highly-efficient Class D technology that runs cooler and keeps distortion low
• Independent 8-zone control with global and independent zone triggering
• Includes a bridged switch per each zone; both channels can be bridged internally with a single connection (left input) output (160 watts at 8 ohms)
• Special protection circuitry safeguards the amplifier from thermal overload and short circuits
• Includes Bus Global 12V Trigger and Dual Bus Inputs/Outputs
• Signal auto-sensing detects a signal to power up and powers down when a signal is not detected
• Pair with the NERO Link Streaming Module for the ultimate distributed audio setup
• Front-panel status indicators
• Rack-mountable with hardware included