What HiFi - 5*
Primary E / Primary E Phono Turntables
Like when the original, now iconic, Debut turntable burst onto the scene in 1999, the Primary E has been designed to offer a hi-fi friendly alternative to vinyl music lovers who are limited by their budget. Where the majority of affordable turntables are impacted by flimsy, plastic components or poor quality accessories, the Primary E is a reliable, made-in-Europe product designed by a leading analogue audio company. Protect your records and enjoy their sound with Primary E.
Offering exactly the same features and performance as the multi-award winning Primary record player, the Primary E is available for an even more appealing price because of its direct-wired 230V motor.
The quiet-running, stable motor is direct-fed to the mains - like many other popular designs from the Pro-Ject range, such as the original, award-winning Debut Carbon - reducing the need for internal signal processing and an external power supply. The end result of this change is a turntable that still sounds like a true piece of hi-fi, but that costs less than ever before.
The Primary E's 8.6" aluminium tonearm uses sapphire bearings for optimal tracking across a record side. The tonearm is designed specially for use with the supplied Ortofon OM cartridge, and it's pre-configured to play straight out of the box with no fiddly setup.
The overall aesthetic of the Primary E range has a sleek, retro appeal thanks to its consistent matte black finish. The included detachable dust cover also brings extra convenience and protection when the turntable is not in use.
The Primary E is terminated with RCA cables for direct connection to a Moving-Magnet phono stage.
The Primary E Phono is equipped with a switchable phono/line output, so it can be run with a dedicated external phono preamp or with the integrated phono preamp connected to a line input (for example AUX, CD, Tuner, Tape, etc.). With intelligent construction and without needless features we were able to keep the price attractive, despite this product being handmade in Europe. This way we‘re able to offer our customers the sound quality they deserve!
The Primary E range proves that hi-fi quality turntables don’t need to be complicated. Simply install the belt and connect it to a system in order to enjoy vinyl playback on an affordable device that won’t hurt your records.
Primary E Key Features:
- Instant playback with super-easy setup
- Pre-adjusted tracking force & anti-skating force
- Pre-mounted Ortofon OM cartridge
- 8.6” aluminium tonearm with sapphire bearings
- Belt drive with silicone belt
- Low vibration synchronous motor direct-fed by mains
- Pre-mounted gold-plated RCA interconnect cable
- Special turntable feet for effective decoupling
- Acrylic lid included
Primary E Phono Features:
- Built-in phono stage
- Switchable phono and line output
- Belt-drive with synchronous motor
- Ortofon quality OM cartridge
- Vibration absorbing feet
- Machined special composit fibre chassis
- Light-weight, high-precision aluminium tonearm
- Sapphire tonearm bearing
- Gold-plated contacts
- Stainless steel bronze bushing
- Elegant dust cover with adjustable hinges
- Silicon belt with optimum damping